Clothes to wear when you go ahead with kayaking
Are you looking forward to go ahead with kayaking? Then it is important for you to have a clear idea on what you should wear for kayaking. Then you will be able to get the most out of kayaking. In addition to that, you will also get the opportunity to ensure your safety and protection in water as well.
General guidelines to follow on your clothes
Before you decide what to wear kayaking, there are some general guidelines that you should follow. Here are some of the most prominent guidelines out of them.
- You need to make sure that you are using a personal floatation device or a PFD when you are kayaking. It is important to make sure that you don’t take it off when you are kayaking on the water. In case if you need to adjust the top layer, you can find an appropriate place and take it out. This can help you to ensure your safety on top of the water at all times.
- You must think about dressing in layers while you are kayaking. You should pay special attention towards the top.
- You should go ahead and dress according to the water temperature. We have seen how most of the people tend to wear clothes by only taking a look at air temperature. This is one of the biggest mistakes that you can do. Hence, you need to make sure that you are not committing that mistake at any given time.
- If you are kayaking during the summer season, you need to dress accordingly to receive sun protection as well. Even if you see a cloud cover, you shouldn’t ignore protecting you from the sun. You need to make sure that you are minimizing overall exposure to the sun as much s possible. This is where you can think about wearing UPF rated fabrics. Along with that, you will be able to receive enhanced protection against UV radiation of the sun.
- You need to refrain from wearing cotton clothes in all the layers as well. That’s because cotton is a material that can absorb water. When it comes to kayaking, there is a high possibility for your clothes to absorb water. Along with that, you will have to remain wet. Hence, you should ensure that you are not wearing cotton in all the layers. You can get polyester or nylon clothes, which will dry within a short period of time.
- You need to be wise enough to pick and wear clothes, which can help you with moving. This can also contribute towards the comfortable experience that you can get with kayaking at the end of the day.
- It is better if you can stay away from clothes that come along with rustable hardware, fasteners, and zippers. When you are kayaking in water, there is a high possibility for them to rust. Hence, you need to look for clothes that come along with rugged plastic attachments.
Now let’s pay our attention to the most important topic, what to wear kayaking. We will be breaking down all the clothes that you should wear when you go ahead with kayaking.
You need to pick your underwear based on the nature of outing. For example, if you are looking forward to going ahead with a shorter outing, you should go ahead with a swimsuit as the very first layer. Along with that, you can keep the above-mentioned regulations in mind s well. This will deliver a comfortable experience for you. Or else, you can go ahead and wear underwear that is ideal for outdoor sports, such as non-cotton sports bras.
Rash guards are ideal for you to wear as tops. That’s because they are made out of nylon and polyester. They can deliver quick-drying capabilities to you when compared to cotton. Hence, you should go ahead with such tops as much as possible. The tops that you purchase should also have the ability to stretch perfectly well. In addition to that, you need to make sure that they come along with a high UPF rating as well. This will help you to receive enhanced protection against the damage that the sun can create. In the meantime, you can take a look at your favorite wool or synthetic base layer as well.
You have the freedom to wear whatever you want as the bottom. It is better if you can make sure that your bottom will dry out quickly. You should refrain from the materials that will chafe and bind. On the other hand, you can think about going forward with materials that are super thin. They can deliver a comfortable experience to you with kayaking as well. However, you need to make sure that yoga pants are not ideal for a person who engages with kayaking. That’s because the yoga pants are not designed to withstand constant shifting that you re going through.
If the kayaking conditions don’t make you wear a dry suit or a wet suit, you can think about taking a fleece jacket along with you. This kind of a synthetic mid-layer will be able to offer a great assistance to you when kayaking as well. That’s because you can keep yourself hot.
You need to take a look at the weather forecast and pick the outer layer that you should wear. For example, if you assume that you will have to face lots of wind or rain, you need to make sure that you are picking breathable and waterproof jackets. You need to pair it along with rain pants as well. Likewise, you can also think about going forward with paddling jackets. They don’t come along with any gaskets near your wrist. Hence, you will be able to keep the drips run down the paddle shaft. In case if you expect no rain, you can think about wearing a water-resistant and a breathable jacket.
People who go ahead with kayaking should think about wearing neoprene padding booties. They can deliver a range of benefits to people who go ahead with kayaking as well. For example, you will notice that these booties are light in weight. They are water-ready as well. Hence, you will be able to provide enhanced protection to the bottom of your feet and toes. Even if you come across any other footwear product, which delivers the same experience, you have the freedom to go ahead.
In the meantime, you need to understand that water sandals are not the best option available to move forward with. That’s because they are in a position to deliver a lower amount of protection to you. They can collect gravel along with time as well. In addition to that, you need to make sure that you don’t get any footwear that doesn’t come along with a back strap. Then you will be able to make sure that your footwear doesn’t come off quickly.
It is better to wear a hat when you are kayaking under the sun. This is where you need to think about going forward with hats that come along with wide capes and brims. On the other hand, you need to go ahead with a cap leash as well. If you don’t have a chin strap in the cap, you will have to go through lots of hassle to secure it.
When you are kayaking during colder climates, you will need to think about wearing a beanie as well. It can provide warmth that you require to get during the colder months. Moreover, you should make sure that it can deliver a snugly fit you at all times as well.
Last but not least, you need to take a look at gloves. This is where you should think about investing your money to purchase paddling gloves from the market. They can deliver additional protection to you against blustery days and blisters. If you are kayaking on a colder day, you can go ahead with Pogies. You will notice how they fasten into the paddle. Therefore, you will be able to make sure that they don’t slip. This can deliver an enhanced grip to you and make life easy for you when kayaking.
Things to wear and not to wear when kayaking
When you want to understand what to wear kayaking, you need to make sure that you don’t commit any mistakes. This is where you need to understand what you should wear and what you should not wear. The following table will assist you to get a better understanding of it.
|Things to wear||What should you wear?|
|Underlayers||You can go ahead and wear stretchy underlayers, which come along with excellent drying capabilities. This is where you can pay extra attention towards strides or fleece pants, which are combined along with short-sleeved or long-sleeved rash vests. If you are planning to kayak in colder weather conditions, you need to take a look at the thermal options available to consider as well.|
|Outer layers||This is where you need to check how much wetter you will get. If there is a high possibility for you to get wet, you need to make sure that your clothes are in a position to keep you dry. This is where you need to go ahead with clothes that are made out of nylon or polyester, instead of clothes that are made out of cotton.|
|Accessories||A large number of accessories are available for the people who go ahead with kayaking to wear as well. You need to pay more attention towards footwear. The footwear you purchase should quickly dry. In addition to that, you can make sure that footwear you wear is in a position to fit perfectly well into the feet and they don’t get off when you are kayaking. You can also wear wooly hats or caps based on the conditions. You need to make sure that you are taking a dry set of all these accessories if you are concerned about post paddle warmth.|
|Dress for the occasion||You should take a look at the weather conditions and wear your clothes appropriately for paddling. In addition to that, you need to understand how much time you will be spending in water as well. It is also better if you can pay attention towards the level of effort that you will have to spend when kayaking as well.|
Now you have a better understanding of what to wear kayaking. Along with that, you need to see what you shouldn’t wear for kayaking as well.
It is true that you will look great when you are kayaking along with a brand new pair of jeans. It can deliver a comfortable experience to you as well. However, it is better if you can refrain from such clothes as much as possible. They will weigh you down. On the other hand, those clothes are in a position to make you cold as well. Therefore, you need to think about wearing light clothes as much as possible.
You can think about wearing clothes that you will wear when hitting the gym. Then you will be able to enjoy kayaking as well.
These are all the tips that you need to understand when you are trying to understand what to wear for kayaking. All the people who engage with kayaking should pay lots of attention towards this fact. Then you will be able to learn how to provide enhanced protection to yourself from hassle and frustration that you will come across. In addition to that, you will be able to secure receiving an enjoyable kayaking experience at the end of the day as well.